Alkan Air currently employs approximately 30 pilots. Our low employee turnover means that our pilots have total flying times well above industry averages. We have been expanding and welcome resumes from pilots interested in making a move to Whitehorse. Alkan Air operates in mountainous terrain, into primarily gravel strips and we highly value experience in these conditions. The minimum requirement for a pilot position with Alkan Air is as follows :
- 500 hours Total Time
- Time on type is an asset for all positions (BE20/BE30/DHC6/C208B/C207/C172/PA31)
- Tail-wheel, mountain and bush time is valued for bush pilot positions.
- IFR and multi-engine time is valued for all positions
- Preference given to individuals with their ATPL.
- Must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada