Flight Academy of New Orleans
Flight Academy & Aerial Tours
Tour Pilots are an important part of our team here at FANO. FANO welcomes tour pilots with a vision of incredible adventure, outstanding communication skills, and superior customer service. FANO seeks enthusiastic pilots who can adapt to a variety of situations and who have the ability to work effectively with a variety of people, colleagues, staff and others in a climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. FANO also seeks pilots who are eager to share their love of flying with others and will help to grow the business.
The person hired for this (part-time) position serves in a role and is responsible for conducting aerial tours, photo flights, etc.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform those commercial pilot duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration in accordance with the 14CFR Part 91 operations.
- Ensure the safety of each flight and passengers.
- Provide professional, courteous, informed service to each client. Know them by name and make them feel welcomed.
- Provide a unique and exhilarating adventure for each client, a memorable experience they will never forget.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Aviation, Management, Education or related field preferred.
- Hold a current FAA Commercial pilot license Single & Multi Engine Land
- Night and Instrument current
- At least 400 hours total time preferred
- Proven ability to work with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Current 1st or 2nd Class Medical.
Preferred Skills and Traits :
- Contagious excitement and enthusiasm fro aviation
- Adapting to a variety of situations
- Working and communicating effectively with colleagues, staff, administrators, and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Team Attitude
- Safety-first attitude
- Professional appearance
- Familiar with smart phone photo application
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physically and mentally demanding work environment with a high degree of confidentiality. Knowledge and use of computers for weather briefs, email correspondence, and other information is important. During a typical shift the commercial pilot may rotate between conducting aerial tours. Each pilot will be assigned one 24-hour period off but the pilot must be flexible when necessary to meet customer demands. Weekends from Friday evenings through Sunday afternoons are extremely busy times. All pilots must be available for weekend shifts and certain holidays. All staff meetings are mandatory. FANO does not guarantee the number of flight hours expected to work.
Please apply thru e-mail : email@example.com