To monitor the progress of assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of Air Arabia Operational Manual and in compliance with the CAA related regulations. Assists the Captain in achieving ultimate safety, security and efficiency throughout the flight; records and documents all necessary data; supports the flight/cabin crew, and effectively applies emergency procedures when instructed; takes control over the flight from the Captain when instructed or required as per the adopted procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities:
- Performs as the Second Officer, assists the Captain in monitoring flight progress, efficiency of operating systems, and performance of cabin crew members. Demonstrates high level of cooperation and a systematic approach for exchanging information whilst adhering with tasks distribution.
- Operates on flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of AA Operations Manual and CAA regulations. At all times, applies/monitors the procedures to ensure safe and smooth operation of the aircraft.
- When required or instructed by the Captain, flies the Air Arabia aircrafts from one destination to another; taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority: Safety, Efficiency, Passenger comfort.
- Coordinates with First Officer and Dispatch Team prior to each flight to ensure cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel calculation, weight, number of passengers, distribution of roles, etc.
- Carries out assigned checks inside and outside the cockpit, confirms taxiing and take-off to Captain, handles input of necessary figures and documentation tasks assigned to him/her for conducted flights such as take-off data and fuel requirements, ATS flight plan, etc., briefs First Officer and Captain regularly.
- Uses adopted systems and forms to record data such as log book, CFP, security search and others; verifies calculated data with assumed ones with First Officer and Captain.
- At stations without qualified personnel, checks the fuel type and supervises the fuelling of the aircraft, ensuring proper distribution of fuel.
- Alerts the Captain with any irregularities or unfavourable variables that may affect safety; applies necessary actions as instructed by Captain and assists the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities.
- Checks the prescribed manuals, charts, maps, and forms ensuring that the Air Arabia Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, updated, and complied with by Flight Crew for current and next flight; where this is not attainable, assists the First Officer/Captain in securing the aircraft until return to home base.
- Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety/ or Security Officer, as directed by the Head of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Air Arabia Operations Manual.
- Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as Civil Aviation, CAA, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew. Attends recurrent and competency based trainings as planned by the Training Department.
- Assists the Captain in completing the necessary records and reports such as the journey log and aircraft flight log, safety and discretion reports. Deposits the flight envelops in the designated secure place post each conducted flight when instructed by First Officer.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages):
- Appropriate License (CPL) with frozen ATPL is a must.
- Must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for First Officer as per Air Arabia/CAA standards.
- Must pass the Aviation Class one Medical carried for the First Officers.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
- Good in using Aircraft systems, proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
- Good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Good in English Language, Arabic and French Languages are an advantage.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must be able to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Air Arabia and /CAA regulations.
- Capable of applying policies, procedures and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
- Team player, capable to perform under pressure with changing schedules.
- Capable of understanding QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with efficiency.
- Proven skills identifying irregularities and recommending solutions.
- Cost-oriented, demonstrates effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- High accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to use technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.