We currently hire Direct Entry Captains for our Airbus 380 fleet. We are looking for experienced, technically proficient, wide body commanders who aim to deliver excellence.
We offer a competitive total remuneration package, paid tax free in Dubai. You can find out more about our airline, our employee benefits and living in Dubai on our careers website.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
To become one of our A380 Captains, you will need a minimum of 7000 hrs total flying time (only time in the operating seat of a turboprop and/or turbojet aircraft can be counted; not simulator time).
On top of this you will need to have:
- Minimum of 3000 hrs command time on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial jet aircraft with MTOW of 50 tonnes or more – A valid ICAO ATPL with an unrestricted class one medical certificate
- Fluency in written and spoken English, equivalent to ICAO English level 5 or above
- Most recent experience to include consequetive 1500 hrs Airbus fly by wire wide-body, long-haul (A330/A340/A350/A380)
- Flown at least 150 hrs in command on a jet meeting the mentioned criteria; within the last 12 months
- Currently type rated as a commander on an aircraft such as A330 or larger
*Enhanced salary requirements (subject to final management approval):
If you are currently type rated on aircraft such as B777 or similar, A330 or larger, you may be entitled to an enhanced package. This is based on:
- 7000 hours command time flying an aircraft with a MTOW of 50 tonnes or more; of which:
- 4000 hours are on B744/B777/B787 or A330/A340/A350/A380 and;
- 500 hours were flown in the last 12 months before joining Emirates
- ICAO English level 6 (or equivalent)
We do not accept simulator time as part of your calculated flying hours.
Please make sure you attach these documents to your online application:
- ATPL with the type-rating for the aircraft you currently fly
- Class 1 medical certificate with no limitations (except visual corrections)