Let your career take off with Etihad Flight College. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline and college that has reimagined the cadet experience through its pioneering MPL program
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the industry leading Instructor team at EFC. A Flight Instructor (MPL) conducts training courses and programs on our Embraer Phenom 100 required to satisfy the training and licensing requirements for Etihad Flight College flight crew members, instructors, and examiners, as mandated by the regulatory authority, and in accordance with the policies, procedures and programs specified in Operations Manual Part D.
- Conduct Etihad Academy flight crew training, to ensure that all applicable regulatory requirements and company objectives are satisfied
- In cooperation with the Chief Flight Instructor (MPL), act as subject matter expert in helping to develop appropriate training course material.
- Conduct MPL training programs, to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements, and to ensure that the highest levels of training quality and standardization are achieved
- To ensure on-going coordination with the Chief Flight Instructor (MPL), and that any issues raised concerning the conduct of training assigned cadets are appropriately addressed and resolved
- Support the Chief Flight Instructor (MPL) in the development and implementation all applicable cadet and employee training courses
- Conduct full-time MPL instructional activities at Etihad Academy to ensure currency and up-to-date training protocols are incorporated within the Academy training regimen and trainees receive the highest level of training standard.
- Ensure that the approved lesson plans are delivered as scripted, and according to the company standards.
- Ensure that all training forms and progress reports are completed in accordance with Company and Regulatory requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks in accordance with the Etihad risk assessment process, and ensuring that adequate risk mitigation steps are appropriately implemented in order to assure safety within the workplace
- Ensuring that quality procedures are adhered to so that quality control and quality standards are strictly observed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor (MPL).
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Secondary school completion (A-Level or equivalent) (College degree an advantage)
- Hold a current GCAA CPL/IR or ATPL with FI, IRI and CRI privileges (Type Rating on at least one type of aircraft flown by Etihad Airways an advantage) or ICAO equivalent acceptable for reciprocal recognition by the GCAA
- Meet other applicable GCAA regulatory requirements as outlined in CAR-FCL and CAR-ORA relating to the specified position
- Minimum 1500 hours total flight time and 500 hours of instruction.
- Multi-crew experience an advantage
- Experience in a turbine aircraft in a training/checking role in a Multi-crew or single-pilot environment in modern EFIS equipped aircraft (Embraer Phenom 100)
Etihad Flight College is a wholely owned subsiderary of Etihad Airways. Etihad Flight College conducts primary flight instruction for Students in various GCAA pilot licensing programs, with special emphasis on Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) training.
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2014 carried 14.8 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 111 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of 117 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and more than 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777-X, 62 Airbus A350s and six Airbus A380s.