- (i) have Level 3(Note 1)or equivalent or above in five subjects, including English Language, in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(ii) have Grade E or above in two subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination and Level 3(Note 2)/Grade C or above in three other subjects, including English Language, in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- pass a medical examination in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organisation standards and have good vision(Note 3);
- pass a pilot technical written test and a pilot aptitude test; and
- have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 3(Note 2) or above in English Language in the HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
- For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Attained with Distinction’ in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
- For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ in English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for the granting of HKCAD Class One Medical Certificate. In general, applicants who need to wear corrective lenses and/or have undergone eye refractive surgeries may be considered provided that they could meet the requirements for the granting of HKCAD Class One Medical Certificate.
- For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
Undergo training in pilot duties normally for a period of 3 years. He/She will be subject to discipline under the Government Flying Service Ordinance and may be required to wear uniform and work shifts; undergo training outside normal office hours and on weekends; and undergo training outside Hong Kong.
General Disciplined Services (Officer) Pay Scale Point 1b (HK$27,445) to General Disciplined Services (Officer) Pay Scale Point 2 (HK$31,305) per month.
Terms of Appointment:
New recruits will be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years, and may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
How to Apply:
Application Forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (www.csb.gov.hk).
Applications submitted in person or by post should reach the above contact address. Please specify the title of the post being applied for on the envelope. If the application is submitted by post, the postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to this department and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. Applicants may also apply online through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (www.csb.gov.hk). Applications submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Candidates must state clearly results of all subjects obtained in the public examinations on the application forms. For qualifications awarded by local institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority, copies of the relevant transcripts/diplomas/certificates/other qualification documents are not required to be submitted at this stage of application. As for qualifications obtained from institutions outside Hong Kong, copies of the relevant transcripts/diplomas/certificates or other qualification documents should be submitted together with the completed application forms.
For applicants who apply on-line, they should submit copies of the required supporting documents by post to the above contact address on or before 27th August 2020. The on-line application number should be quoted on the envelope and copies of the supporting documents.
If candidates fail to state clearly results of all subjects obtained in the public examinations or fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications may not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will normally receive an invitation in about fifteen weeks from the closing date for application. Invitation notices may be issued by email. Those who are not invited for assessment/interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
- Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the assessment/interview.
- It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the assessment/interview without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above contact address.
- Civil service vacancies information contained in this advertisement is also available at the GovHK on the internet at www.gov.hk, the “Government Vacancies” Mobile Application at Google Play/Apple App Store and the Government Flying Service on the internet at www.gfs.gov.hk.
- Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
Contact Address and Enquiry Telephone:
Address: Personnel Section, Government Flying Service, 18 South Perimeter Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong.
Tel: (852) 2305 8356
Closing Date for Application:
20th August 2020