To be cleared and endorsed by DCA on type rating training on B737 as a Co-pilot
- The Co-pilot is the Commander’s deputy and is a member of the flight crew acting in piloting capacity, other than Commander.
- When the Commander is absent or becomes incapacitated, the Co-pilot assumes the Commander’s authority and the responsibility.
- Responsibly participate in the preparation of the flight and to attentively monitor the progress of the flight in order to be able to assume this authority/responsibility at any given moment, either by the Commander’s direction or when necessitated by the Commander’s incapacitation.
- The Co-pilot shall assist the Commander in the management of the flight and the manipulation of the aircraft controls in accordance with the directions of the Commander and approved AFM.
Qualification & Experience
- SPM – Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian government with six (6) credits including Bahasa Malaysia and a minimum of B4/C4 in Mathematics, Physics or General Science and English taken at one seating.
- Diploma – Possess Diploma / Degree in Engineering or Science related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and six credits with a pass in Bahasa Malaysia in SPM.
- A Malaysian National.
- Possess Frozen ATPL
- Age between 18 and 32 at date of selection.
- Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English both written and spoken.
- Medically and physically fit with perfect eyesight and visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aids, correctable to 6/6 and not colour blind,
- Not less than 163cm (5 ft. 4 in.) in height,
- Prepared to undergo vigorous training up to twenty (20) months or until completion of Ab-initio training
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of regulatory requirement and principles of flight.
- Sound flying skills with knowledge of operations disciplines, specialised technical knowledge of current fleets in the system.
- Strong in interpersonal and communications skills, good analytical skill, and good at issue engagements.