Starting your career as either an ab initio cadet pilot, you will undergo a rigorous training program to equip yourself with the highest flying standards.
Upon successful completion of training, you will work your way through the ranks. If you have the potential, you will have an opportunity to progress as a Captain, and further develop your skills in the Technical, Training or Management track.
- Minimum Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must demonstrate proficiency in English, Mathematics and Science, preferably Physics (with at least credits in GCE ‘O’ levels or its equivalent)
- For candidates without credits in English at GCE ‘O’ Levels or its equivalent, you must produce additional proof of English proficiency:
- IELTS – Minimum Band 7 (out of 9); or
- TOEFL – Minimum score: Computer based – 250, Paper Version – 600; or
- Certificate of Completion for English Language Course
- At least 1.62m in height
- Myopia of not more than 600 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 200 degrees
All interviews will be held in Singapore. Applicants undergo five stages comprising online application, preliminary interview, aptitude test, final interview with senior management as well as a medical check-up.
Successful candidates will undergo training to acquire either an Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) or a Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) at Singapore Flying College and overseas.
Successful candidates will enjoy a rewarding career coupled with extensive training and personal growth development with Singapore Airlines or our subsidiaries SilkAir or SIA Cargo.
Salary and Benefits
A monthly allowance will be provided during your training. On appointment as First Officer, you will enjoy an attractive salary, along with various allowances and benefits.
Successful candidates will be required to serve the employer company for the duration of the training and for a period of seven years from the date of appointment as First Officer.
Please click here to submit an online application.
Candidates must be ready to join within six months from the date of application.
Please note that for both positions, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates who have attended our final interviews previously need not apply.