Starting your career as an ab initio cadet, you will undergo a rigorous training program to equip you with the highest flying standards.
Upon successful completion of training, you will work your way through the ranks from a Second Officer to a First Officer. If you have the potential, you will have an opportunity to progress as a Captain, and further develop your skills in the Technical, Training or Management track.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Minimum GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject, preferably Physics, taken at one sitting
- At least 1.65 m in height
- Myopia of not more than 500 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 125 degrees, fully correctable with optical aids. For candidates who have undergone corrective eye surgery, the pre-surgical visual acuity must meet the above requirements
- Medically fit
- Completed, exempted from, or not liable for National Service
Applicants undergo five stages comprising online application, preliminary interview, aptitude test, final interview with senior management as well as a medical check-up.
Successful candidates will undergo training to acquire either an Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) or a Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) at Singapore Flying College and overseas.
Successful candidates will enjoy a rewarding career coupled with extensive training and personal growth development with Singapore Airlines or our subsidiaries SilkAir or SIA Cargo.
Salary and Benefits:
A monthly allowance will be provided during your training. On appointment as First Officer, you will enjoy an attractive salary, along with various allowances and benefits.
Successful candidates will be required to serve the employer company for the duration of the training and for a period of seven years from the date of appointment as First Officer.
Please submit an online application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates must also be ready to join within six months from the date of application.
Candidates who have attended our final interviews previously need not apply.