Starting your career as direct entry cadet, you will undergo a rigorous training program to equip you with the highest flying standards.
Upon successful completion of training, you will work your way through the ranks from a Second Officer to a First Officer. If you have the potential, you will have an opportunity to progress as a Captain, and further develop your skills in the Technical, Training or Management track.
- Holds a CPL or Frozen ATPL recognized by CAAS
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Minimum GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must be proficient in English, Mathematics and Science, preferably Physics (with at least credits in GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent).
- At least 1.65 m in height
- Myopia of not more than 500 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 200 degrees, fully correctable with optical aids. For candidates who have undergone corrective eye surgery, the pre-surgical visual acuity must meet the above requirements
- Medically fit – must possess valid certificate of Medical Assessment (recognised or can be validated by CAAS)
- Completed, exempted from, or not liable for National Service
Applicants undergo five stages comprising online application, preliminary interview, aptitude test, final interview with senior management as well as a medical check-up.
Successful candidates will be trained to acquire an Aircraft Type Rating. Upon successful completion, you will undergo further training to become a First Officer.
Successful candidates will enjoy a rewarding career coupled with extensive training and personal growth development with Singapore Airlines or our subsidiaries SilkAir or SIA Cargo.
Salary and Benefits:
A monthly allowance will be provided during your training. On appointment as First Officer, you will enjoy an attractive salary, along with various allowances and benefits.
Successful candidates will be required to serve the employer company for the duration of the training and for a period of seven years from the date of appointment as First Officer.
For applications pertaining to Direct Entry Second Officers, click here. Candidates with foreign CPLs, which are not CAAS-approved, will need to undergo license conversion at their own expense.
Please note that for both positions, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates who have attended our final interviews previously need not apply.