Air Hong Kong (AHK) currently operates on our own AOC, 9 x A300F aircraft and 3 x A330F aircraft (2 x 330-300 P2F and 1 x A330-200F), all leased from DHL Aviation, serving the DHL Express Hong Kong (HK) hub network. Two more A330F aircraft will transition to the AHK operation by the end of 2020.
AHK is now accepting applications for a small number of First Officer positions that may be available later in 2020. Most positions offered will be at the rank of First Officer Level 1 on the A300 aircraft. A small number of positions may be also be available as First Officer Level 1 on the A330 for Hong Kong licenced recently rated A330 pilots. Applicants would need to be able to present themselves in HK, in compliance with current HK quarantine requirements, for flying skills assessment in our A300 simulator.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements :
- Hold a valid ICAO Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) together with a ‘frozen’ ATPL i.e. has passed all ATPL examination subjects
- Have a minimum of 3000 hours flying experience
- Have a minimum of 1000 hours jet experience
- Hold a valid multi-engine instrument rating
- Hold a current Class 1 medical certificate
- ICAO level 4 fluency in spoken English
AHK pilots enjoy the following benefits:
- A medical insurance scheme for pilots and their families providing worldwide coverage of medical care/specialist services/dental/ hospitalisation expenses
- Employer contributions to a pension scheme
- 28 Annual Leave days
- Life insurance and Personal Accident Insurance policy
- Loss of licence insurance
- Personal travel on AHK flights before/after duty periods
- Subject to load, unlimited network wide staff travel access for pilots and immediate families on parent airline Cathay Pacific Airways, and sister airline Cathay Dragon, including premium economy and business class access. Similar retiree travel benefits for long serving employees
- MY ID TRAVEL concessionary staff travel access to Delta, KLM and Air New Zealand, United Airlines and Swiss International Airlines (including Edelweiss Air) flights
- During normal times, a reliable roster that offers a great work/personal life balance.
- The opportunity for pilots to work in a small airline with a people oriented culture, where pilots are highly respected, and their contributions are valued.
- The opportunity for pilots, who meet our professional requirements, for progression onto flying as a HK ATPL holder, wide-bodied jet transport aircraft with a credible and growth oriented airline.
AHK’s pilot compensation strategy is to offer as the prime attraction, the stable, work/life balanced rosters as per our current practice, along with the fatigue mitigation and convenience of Company provided airport-convenient hotel accommodation prior to and throughout all work patterns.
Details of the contract for new joining First Officers, and compensation increases with career progression, will be provided at the time of job offer. As a reference, the projected annual earnings (basic pay, fixed/outport allowances, productive pay) for our entry level First Officer 1 is US$139,840, assuming a normal productive flying hour target of 55 block hours per month is met (except for months with leave and ground training).