Submit Your Expression of Interest!
We are seeking applications for our Regional Cabin Crew in Nelson, for intakes in 2020.
Our regional flight attendants are passionate, proud and dedicated people who love the challenge of working in an industry where every second counts. As part of our regional cabin crew team, you’ll get to explore the length and breadth of New Zealand and become an expert on our best tourist destinations and regional hot spots!
What’s different about our Regional Airlines?
There are many advantages to becoming a Regional Flight Attendant. Working locally means you’re never far from home and there’s no jet lag to worry about. You will be sole charge or a team of two running the service in the cabin, from safety briefings over the PA to in-flight service and liaising with Pilots and Ground Staff so it’s a great environment to step up and really own your role. The environment on our domestic carriers is intimate and informal, allowing you to chat with our guests and point out areas of interest during your flight.
- Entitled to live and work permanently in New Zealand at the time of applying
- Minimum Restricted or Full New Zealand Driver Licence with reliable transport
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience in a high-pressured and customer-centric environment is preferred. We are looking for someone with a natural passion for people, ability to cope under pressure, and be resilient in unforeseen circumstances such as medical emergencies
- We operate in a 24/7 industry, so you will need to commit to rostered shifts, weekends and public holidays and be available for regular overnights away from your home base.
- Compliance with our Uniform Standards
Why join Air New Zealand?
As a flight attendant, you will get a great work/life balance and lifestyle. We also offer ongoing professional development and encourage our team to seize growth opportunities
Expressions of Interest – Please Note:
We are collecting expressions of interest for recruitment activity to fill intakes in 2020, for our base in Nelson. As we are working to business requirements, we are only accepting applications for Nelson, please continue to check our website for availability at our other bases.
- Step 1 – If you meet all the above minimum requirements, you will be asked to complete an online video interview and cognitive assessment
- Step 2 – You will be invited to attend a recruitment event where you’ll get a chance meet our Regional Cabin Crew and interview with a Regional Cabin Crew Manager
- Step 3 – Successful candidates will go through an extensive vetting process, which includes: 2x references, medical clearance, security clearances, swim test, and Level 2 Comprehensive First Aid issued by St John only.
- Step 4 – Once vetting is completed, our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to discuss the next available paid Regional Cabin Crew training intake for your preferred base
- Training – if successful, you will start 3 weeks of paid training to become qualified on the aircraft type for your role.
- We do not accept email applications, please apply online via the Apply Now button.