To provide a quality service to EK and Code share passengers in respect to check-in, boarding, special services and baggage services as per company commercial and safety standards and procedures so that EK and code share passengers and their baggage are handed in a consistent and efficient manner.
To provide our customers both internal and external, with the best services. I will do my best:
- To cheerfully greet every customer with a smile, 100 % of the time.
- To ensure that, I receive no valid complaints from Emirates customer about the quality of services.
- To maintain Emirates professional image by adhering to all applicable corporate grooming guidelines.
- To deal professionally with my peers and managers.
Check-in / boarding:
- Fully adhere to all operational procedures (SOP) with regards to travel, immigration and safety regulations.
- Identify and meet the standard and special service requirements of the passengers at check-in, transfer desk, special services and boarding gates by adhering to the set service standards and procedures so that the passengers are handled in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Collect briefing sheet and staff allocation, check all the counters equipments and stationary, report technical fault to Mercator through EMACS.
- Provide a proactive service to passengers prior to check-in such as, managing queues, removing old baggage tags, handling denied boarding passenger, staff passengers, helping families, identifying those with special needs and code share passengers, so that they are directed to the relevant check-in counters and are handled efficiently.
- Initiate boarding at the gates, following laid down boarding priorities, announcements, hand baggage removal, flight coupon reconciliation and head count confirmation in order to assist the process for a safe and on time departure of EK flights. For flights boarding from remote, ensure the handling procedure applies.
- Deliver an efficient service at the transfer desks for arriving EK passengers who are connecting to another EK / OAL flights by verifying that their baggage details are recorded in MACS (Mercator Airport Check-in System) prior to checking in passenger and issuing boarding cards and meal voucher where appropriate so that the transfer passengers are processed accurately and expeditiously.
- Ascertain the handling requirements of the various categories of passengers (e.g. unaccompanied minors, wheelchair, elderly and incapacitated etc.) then ensures that appropriate special services and facilities are provided to meet the special services requirements of the customers.
- Provide cover for role above when operational requirements demand this i.e. `Act Up’.
- Checks messages from outstations relating to short shipped baggage and ensures that those passengers who are affected are notified as soon as they reach the baggage arrival carousels, then escorts or directs passengers to the Baggage Services Office where necessary and assists with the raising of Property Irregularity reports, the issuance of Interim relief payments and/or overnight kits and the restoration of items left on board aircraft, so that passengers are not kept waiting unnecessarily.
- Monitors baggage delivery performance against agreed standards, keeping passengers informed about any delays or irregularities with their baggage, so that a positive image of our ground product is maintained in the eyes of EK passengers.
- Co-ordinates with DNATA Ground Operations concerning the return of checked in bags to passengers who have been offloaded, the re-tagging to final destination of short tagged baggage to DXB, the return of baggage for those passengers who decide to break their journey in Dubai for STPC or DBB and the despatch of rush baggage on other flights, so that bags are restored to their owners quickly.
- Monitor unclaimed baggage and ensures that details are quickly updated in World Tracer and that OHD (on hand) stickers are attached to these bags, contents/inventory checked and OHD file updated and placed in the baggage store where necessary, so that they can be restored to their rightful owners or to the outstations as quickly as possible.
- Helps the passengers who arrive at the land side desk to collect bags, escorts them to the airside area, locates the baggage and hands it over to its owner against a signature, then closes the file in the system.
- Handle the Telephone calls received at EK Baggage Services Call Centre, deal with passenger professionally and assist the passenger by providing correct and timely information.
- Handles arriving Rush bags from EK and OAL flights, ensuring that the owners in Dubai are contacted to advise them of delivery arrangements and then makes those arrangements with the transport company to deliver on a cost effective basis after liaising with customs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Airport Operations. Other : 3+ Years
- 12 Years schooling or equivalent:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Command ov er spoken and written Arabic (preferable)
- Should have had 2 years experience in a customer service role.
- Knowledge of airline passenger and baggage handling (preferable).
Salary & Benefits:
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.