Jet Airways, India’s full-service, premiere international airline, in collaboration with CAE, a world leader in providing training and simulation solutions to commercial airlines, has initiated a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) cadet pilot training programme aimed at creating more than 380 professional pilots over the next five years, in line with the airline’s growth strategy.
CAE is very proud to have been selected as the training partner of choice of Jet Airways’ first cadet pilot programme. CAE and Jet Airways share a relationship that spans over a decade, with the provision of Boeing 737NG pilot training as well as maintenance support services at CAE’s Bengaluru training centre. Jet Airways currently owns four CAE-built full-flight simulators, including one Airbus A330 FFS, two Boeing 737NG and one Boeing 777-300ER FFS. The six-bay CAE Training Centre is located near the Bengaluru International Airport at Devanahalli.
Operational since late 2008, it is the first non-airline training centre to earn approval as a Fixed-Wing Type Rating Training Organisation (TRTO) by India’s DGCA.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Jet Airways programme:
- Must be of Indian nationality, or hold an Overseas Citizenship of India
- Must be 20 years or older at the time of registering for the programme
- Maximum age: 30 years at time of appearing for Selection in Phase 1
- Achieved a minimum score of 55% in Physics, Mathematics and English in (10+2) exam individually*
- Be in good physical condition with appropriate weight and height
- Possess a valid Indian Class I medical certificate** (No Limitations)
- Be fluent in English – both written and verbal
* If an applicant has graduated with physics and maths or engineering with a mark of 55 % or more, the eligibility criterion of 12th with 55% except in English can be overlooked.
** Candidates not possessing an Indian Class 1 medical can apply for the Jet Airways programme with a Class II medical, however they must possess an Indian Class 1 medical prior to commencing on the programme.
This phase provides cadets with the training required to obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with a Multi-Engine Instrument rating (MEIR) and to complete the required Multi-Engine piloting experience.
Once the selection criteria are met, the Academy will manage visa documentation for the United States. Cadets will induct at the CAE academy in Phoenix to begin their ab-initio flight training for the CPL, MEIR and the Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
Upon completion of their CPL training in the US, the cadets will transfer to CAE OAA’s Academy in India, where they will undertake the DGCA theoretical knowledge ground school, ground exams and required conversion flights for the DGCA licensing.
Once the cadets have obtained their CPL, they move on to the Type Rating (TR) training phase to qualify as a Co-pilot on the Boeing 737 aircraft. Type rating training will be conducted at one of CAE’s training centres in India.
The duration of the CPL training is planned at 18 months, which comprises 12.5 months in the United States for flight school and UPRT training, 3 months of ground school in India for the theoretical knowledge training and a further 2 weeks of license conversion training at the Gondia campus upon return from the US. The Boeing 737 type rating is planned at an additional 2.5 months.
However, DGCA licensing, scheduling, cadet performance, weather, and any other delays can extend the duration of the cadet program.
Based on submitted paperwork
SELECTION PHASE 1 – CAE AIRCREW SELECTION SYSTEM (CASS)
Candidates will perform two online profiling tests before presenting themselves at the CAE Assessment Centre in Gurgaon, Delhi for an interview, physical assessment, psychometric test and a debriefing session.
SELECTION PHASE 2
Applicants who are successful in Selection during Phase 1 will be invited to attend the Selection Phase 2 with Jet Airways.
|Jet Airways Cadet Pilot Programme
DGCA Commercial Pilot License (CPL) programme and Boeing 737 Type Rating
|$ 128,035 USD|
The following support products and services are included in the prices shown above:
- Ground Theory Training Manuals
- CBT’s On-line Learning Management System (LMS)
- Flight Bag and Headset
- iPad and Aviobook license for Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Navigation, Landing and Approach fees
- Testing and License fee package, FAA medical
- FAA medical
- DGCA Theoretical Examinations
- Initial Transport Security Agency (TSA), fingerprinting and USA Visa Administration
- Room-only accommodation in Gondia and Phoenix (includes internet)
- Upset Recovery & Prevention Training
- Accident and Health insurance
- Communications Practical Course