The Co-pilot is the Commander’s deputy and is a member of the flight crew acting in piloting capacity, other than Commander.
When the Commander is absent or becomes incapacitated, the Co-pilot assumes the Commander’s authority and the responsibility. Responsibly participate in the preparation of the flight and to attentively monitor the progress of the flight in order to be able to assume this authority/responsibility at any given moment, either by the Commander’s direction or when necessitated by the Commander’s incapacitation.
The Co-pilot shall assist the Commander in the management of the flight and the manipulation of the aircraft controls in accordance with the directions of the Commander and approved AFM.
- Hold an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
- Must apply before 56th birthday.
- 4 years, 1,500 Grand Total hours, 500 hours experience on type, Type rated on B737
Skills & Knowledges
- Knowledge of regulatory requirement, company’s policy and other airlines standard.
- Sound flying skills with knowledge of operations disciplines, specialised technical knowledge of current fleets in the system.
- Well verse in airline safety management concept, appreciation and working knowledge of accident prevention concepts and methods.
- Strong in interpersonal and communications skills, good analytical skill, and good at issue engagements.
- Elevate and maintain high technical operations ensuring high industrial safety and standard.
- Managing changes to suit dynamic scenarios.
- Managing technical operations requirements and expectations due to internal constraints of resources whilst to reduce operational infringements and incidents.