This position conducts flight crew training in the simulator and technical related ground training. The Flight Simulator Instructor provides training to flight crew at the direction of the Chief Flight Simulator Instructor. Flight Simulator Instructors will conduct classroom instruction, simulator instruction, or both, depending on individual qualifications. Main responsibilities revolve around teaching ground, simulator, and flight operations. Duties include developing curriculum, providing lessons, reviewing, and grading students, monitoring the condition of an aircraft and related equipment, mentoring students, trainee enhancement programs and creating reports on the students.
- Conduct APT / Synthetic / Simulator Training.
- Conduct Progress Reviews in the simulator as approved by the Chief Flight Simulator Instructor.
- Recommend additional or remedial training for any pilot who is not progressing at an acceptable rate.
- Recommend to the Instructional Service Manager any changes that may enhance efficiency, safety or the quality of training.
- Conduct classroom training/ground school lectures as required.
- Carry out office duties, projects, course development and other tasks as allocated by the Chief Flight Simulator Instructor.
- Responsible for conducting training for flight crew members in accordance with the MABA Training Programs.
- Provide fixed base instruction, full motion flight simulation instruction, and/or classroom instruction, for flight crew members initial, recurrent, upgrade and/or differences training in ground school, fixed based and/or full flight simulators.
- Complete appropriate flight crewmember training records and other flight training documentation in a timely manner.
- Proactively ensure training environment and equipment are set-up and running in preparation for instruction.
- Ensure technical accuracy of departmental and training manuals, including aircraft systems manuals, flight handbooks, performance manuals, checklists, flight operations manuals and operations specifications.
- Contribute to the development of training programs, visual aids and other training materials for classroom presentation and individual review.
- Communicate issues of concern, or exceptional achievement, regarding crewmember performance in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and instill motivation in the crewmembers
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and understanding in Company Procedures and Policies.
- Additional functions to support crewmember training may also be assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior flying experience as Commander Able to qualify for CAAM approved FI qualification
- Special / Professional Certificate: ATPL
- Years of Experience: 10-15 years
- Areas of Experience:
- Prior training experience or extensive flying experience.
- Must be a licensed pilot/or had license in accordance with CAAM regulations with extensive experience flying the type of aircraft.
- Experienced in performing all tasks in both a simulator and in flight.
- Familiarity with flying terminology, the ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent teaching skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills expected.
- Empathy and listening skills.
- Collaboration and project management.
- Speed, flexibility, and agility.
- Good organization skills, time management abilities and problem-solving skill.