This entry-level position is based in Singapore, and is for candidates who display a strong interest in aviation. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our interviews held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 16 and 17 December 2017.
- Minimum GCE ‘A’ Level/STPM, Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must demonstrate proficiency in English, Mathematics and Science, preferably Physics (with at least credits in GCE ‘O’ levels/SPM or its equivalent)
- For candidates without credits in English at GCE ‘O’ Levels or its equivalent, you must produce additional proof of English proficiency:
- IELTS – Minimum Band 7 (out of 9); or
- TOEFL – Minimum score: Computer based – 250, Paper Version – 600; or
- Certificate of Completion for English Language Course
- Myopia of not more than 600 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 200 degrees per eye
Preliminary interviews are held in Malaysia and subsequent interviews will be held in Singapore. Applicants undergo five stages comprising online application, preliminary interview, aptitude test, final interview with senior management as well as a medical check-up.
Successful candidates will undergo training to acquire either an Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) or a Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) at Singapore Flying College and overseas.
Successful candidates will enjoy a rewarding career coupled with extensive training and personal growth development with Singapore Airlines or our subsidiaries SilkAir or SIA Cargo.
Salary and Benefits
A monthly allowance will be provided during your training. On appointment as First Officer, you will enjoy an attractive salary, along with various allowances and benefits.
Successful candidates will be required to serve the employer company for the duration of the training and for a period of seven years from the date of appointment as First Officer.
Candidates who have attended our final interviews previously need not apply again.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.