- 18 years of age on or before 1st January 2016
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to live and work permanently in the EU
- Up-to-date unrestricted worldwide passport
- Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check*
- Provide two verifiable references
- Be able to obtain an EASA / IAA issued Class 1 Medical, including successfully passing a colour blindness test Please refer to www.iaa.ie prior to application to ensure you can meet all medical requirements in line with eyesight/colour blindness limitations
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Minimal Education Requirement:
- You must have passed your Leaving Certificate (6 subjects) or equivalent
- You must have obtained C3 grades in English and Mathematics at ordinary level or D3 at higher level in the Leaving Certificate
- You must also have a minimum of 2 higher level subjects with a minimum of C3 grades in the Leaving Certificate
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
GCSE Mathematics and English must be minimum of grade C plus
3 A Levels taken at A2 level in any subject with minimum grades C,C,D
Where the minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent grades have not been met, you must have one ofthe following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Level 7 third level (ordinary degree) in any discipline
- Completed an aviation-related apprenticeship
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator who acts with integrity
- Well-developed decision making skills
- Technical aptitude
- Strong team player with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and motivation to achieve a consistently high level of performance
Next Stage of the Process:
- All completed online application forms must be submitted by 17.00 GMT on Friday 8th July 2016
- No further applications will be accepted after that time
- You will receive an email acknowledging that we have received your application
- Applications will be screened
- Candidates who progress through the screening will receive on-line assessments and will be given 72 hours to complete. It is in your best interest to complete the assessments as soon as possible. After this time the link will no longer be available
- Successful candidates at this point will receive another link for the next online assessment via e-mail
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the group assessment stage which will be held in Dublin between Monday 26th September 2016 and Friday 30th September 2016
- Please note that you will be required to provide copies of your Leaving Certificate or equivalent (including any third level degree or aviation related apprenticeship) to verify that you meet the essential criteria at the group assessment centre stage in Dublin
- Candidates may also be asked to retake the online assessments during the assessment centre
Part of the selection process involves passing a Class 1 and company medical
Closing Date: Friday 08th July 2016
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years of age on or before 1st January 2016?
- Are you eligible to live and work in the E.U without restriction?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Do you hold a level 7 degree or leaving cert (or equivalent) or technical trade?
- Are you Colour Blind?
- Do you hold an ATPL or CPL (Licence)?