Kindly be informed that at the moment we are collecting applications for future hiring for the Direct Entry First Officer position. When the position is ready to be hired, we will begin reviewing all applications.
- Participate in the Commander’s crew briefing, and be aware of all relevant aeronautical and meteorological information as well as the relevant papers documenting the aircraft technical status and its anticipated load.
- Ensure that licenses, medical certification, passport and visas are valid and that log book is maintained up-to-date at all times.
- Ascertain a crosscheck is done ensuring the required documents (license, passport, SEP card, etc.) of all the operating tech crew are valid.
- Execute the tasks and functions of either the PF or PNF as directed by Commander In-flight.
- Assist the Commander in the management of the flight deck work by observing a well-balanced task distribution systematic co-operation and exchange of information, monitoring the flight progress and the aircraft systems and observing the airspace and the performance of other Flight deck crew members.
- Deal with all documents which have to be completed (e.g. Operational Flight Plan, occurrence reports, Voyage Report & etc.).
- After completion of the flight, assist the Commander in completing the aircraft documentation, leaving the flight deck clean and tidy for the next flight crew, handing over the aircraft to the next flight crew taking charge or to the authorized ground personnel or in absence of an engineer or responsible person, having the aircraft secured and handing over the completed documentation to authorized personnel or forwarding such documents by other means
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Friendly, mature, humble, honest, meticulous, self-starter, able to perform under pressure in a challenging environment.
- Proficient in oral and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality, tactful and discretion when dealing with people.
- Good analytical skills and leadership skills.
- Hold a valid Malaysian ATPL with valid instrument and type rating or hold a valid Malaysian CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL.
- Hold a valid CAAM medical certificate (class 1).
- English Language Proficiency of level 4.
- Minimum 500 hours on Airlines operations multi Pilot Aircraft or Ab-Initio.
- Preferably equipped with EFIS/FMS.
- Current on aircraft within the last 12 months.
We are all different:
One talent to another – that is how we rely on our differences. At AirAsia, you will be treated fairly and given all chances to be your best.We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Search Firm Representatives:
AirAsia does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place.