Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT) together with flydubai have entered into a long-term pilot training agreement that offers commercial pilots interested in having an opportunity to fly for flydubai, with less than 1,500 flying hours, instruction on the Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Dubai-based flydubai began operations in 2009. Since its launch, flydubai has created a network of more than 85 destinations across 45 countries. The airline operates a modern fleet of more than 40 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft. flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
As flydubai’s training partner, CAE will provide flydubai with a select number of type-rated B737-800 pilots. Pilots interested in learning more about the programme, should read the following information carefully and complete the online registration form at the bottom of this page.
Second Officers Minimum Requirements :
- Age: Minimum 20 years / Maximum 30 years (before your 30th birthday)
- Must have flown 15 hours in an SE or ME aircraft in the last 12 months
- Education: Minimum 12 years of successful education and / or an aviation related diploma / degree will be preferred
- ICAO Level 4 English or higher
- Valid 1st Class Medical
- CPL/ME-IR with 220 total flying hours + frozen ATPL/ MCC Course for EASA / other authorities, or ATP written exam for FAA.
- Has not already gone through this B737NG programIn addition to the above requirements, you will need to obtain the below to have an opportunity to be assessed by flydubai.
- B737 (600 – 900) type rating with minimum of 52 hours of Full Flight Simulator
- B737 (600 – 900) type rating obtained from Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT)
- B737 (600 – 900) Rating must be endorsed on the Foreign License prior to being hired by flydubai
Selection Process :
After obtaining a Boeing 737-800 type rating at the Dubai based facility, candidates recommended by Emirates-CAE Flight Training (ECFT) may be invited by flydubai to conduct a series of tests, which include aptitude, group exercise, aviation knowledge and a technical & competency interview.
Candidates will not be charged a selection fee, however other related costs (travel, accommodation, etc.) will be payable by the candidate..
The Course :
Successful candidates will be placed on one of the training courses. These courses start at various intervals throughout the year and run for approximately 6 months.
What’s Next :
Please complete the online registration form. After registration, you will be contacted by CAE.