Cathay Pacific Airways will rapidly expand its’ fleet capacity during the next decade with firm orders for 69 new aircraft, including Airbus 350-900, Airbus 350-1000, Boeing 777-9X for the passenger fleet and Boeing 747-8F freighter aircraft.
Safety is paramount at Cathay Pacific. Developing our people to maintain our operational excellence is a commitment we take very seriously and invest in significantly. Whether Second Officer, Junior First Officer, First Officer, Senior First Officer or Captain, we believe all our flight crew must be experts in their field. Our Captains manage one of the safest flight decks in the world.
We pride ourselves on our stringent selection process, our intensive training programmes, and most of all, we are proud that our pilots’ professional work ethic is coveted among our competitors.
Currently Recruiting Transition Training – a 6-week programme for global applicants with an ICAO ATPL, with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, including 500 hours multi-engine time with a MTOW greater than 2000kg.
Preference will be given to pilots with more than 500 hours experience on certified multi crew pressurised, turbine powered transport aircraft greater than 5700KG.
ATPL licences must have been issued with no exemption or conversion. Copies of ATPL results will need to be provided.
To be considered for a flying career with us you must:
- ICAO English Level 4 or above
- Qualify for a Class I Medical
- Meet flight deck reach requirements (subject to a functional reach test)
- Have completed secondary school and have good passes in mathematics and science, or a
- University Degree, or passes in all ATPL subjects
- Share our passion for aviation
- Be able to travel the world without restriction
At Cathay Pacific we offer a regularly reviewed, competitive renumeration package.
- 15.5% Company contribution to a pension scheme
- Comprehensive private health insurance coverage for you, your spouse and your children
- A generous education allowance to assist with your children’s education in Hong Kong
- Travel concessions for you, your spouse, your children and parents, siblings or parent-in-laws
- Discretionary share in the Company’s annual profit
- Discretionary 13th-month salary bonus
- Annual salary increments within rank
- Salaries tax 15 – 17%
- 21 days annual leave as a Second Officer, 42 days for First Officer and Captain
- Loss of license and life insurance