Kuwait Airways is the official national carrier of the State of Kuwait.
Established in 1953 as a private company, the airline was initially 50 per cent owned by the Kuwaiti government. In 1962, the government assumed 100 per cent ownership, making it the longest serving, official state carrier operating from the Arabian Gulf Region. Kuwait Airways employs over 4,800 people, and the head office is in the heart of Kuwait City, close to Kuwait International Airport (KWI).
The airline currently provides regular scheduled services to 36 international destinations in the Far East, Middle East, Europe and North America. Kuwait Airways’ fleet of 23 aircraft currently consists of 10 x B777-300ER, 10 x A320-200 (completed delivery Q2 2015), 5 x A330 (completed delivery Q4 2015), 4 x A340-300, 2 x Boeing 777-200, and 1 x Boeing 747-400. Kuwait Airways will boast the youngest commercial airline fleet in the world.
Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for passionate, ambitious and experienced Direct Entry Captains. The minimum requirements are:
- Possession of a valid ATPL license, or its equivalent issued by ICAO Member States, approved by the Director of Aviation Operations.
- Accumulated total flying hours (LOG BOOK) of at least 6000 hours (with a reputable airline of which 1500) hours (on a jet aircraft with a maximum authorized take-off weight exceeding 30,000) kg (and total pilot experience not less than 2000 hours). Note: The hours listed above do not include simulated flight experience.
- Pass the personality assessment/competency assessment by a physician/consultant, if any.
- Pass the medical examination of the General Administration of Civil Aviation, including the examination for the use of psychoactive substances.
- The English language proficiency level should be from (4 or above) and the license should refer to the requirement “meets language proficiency” in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 of Paragraph 18.104.22.168 (for the English language) is valid to date.
- Pass the initial general aviation acceptance test/assessment.