Think of Qantas and something stirs inside us. A sense of familiarity, a feeling of warmth, and pride that this national icon represents us to the world. Behind what you see in airports and flying across our skies may come as a surprise. We’re committed to providing a safe and injury-free workplace through world-class safety practices, integrating operational safety into all our business activities.
As Australia’s largest regional airline and a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways, QantasLink continues to build connections with people from all walks of life, in all parts of Australia. It is a special feeling. These smaller businesses are an important part of the Qantas Group, so no matter where you fit in we come together with pride to deliver the best and safest experience for our customers. You’ll spend plenty of time in the sky and have an opportunity to check out those great regional communities.
QantasLink Flight Attendants fly on the latest Dash-8 turbo prop aircraft operating as either a solo Flight Attendant or as a member of a two-person team. Our Flight Attendants are highly trained in customer service and aircraft safety and can confidently deal with a variety of emergency situations. It’s in us to be our best. We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, ensuring we make a contribution to taking the organisation forward. We’ve built a high performance culture, and you can be sure we’ll hold you to those expectations. You’ll be challenged to make the impossible possible. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of fun, meet amazing people and have experiences like no other.
To join our team you need to:
- Understand our customers who travel with us – whether regular flyers or customers who’ve never flown before.
- Easily build rapport and trust in a team and positively contribute to the team’s performance.
- Be adaptable to any situation that may present itself in a sensible, warm and safe way.
- Appreciate cultural diversity and sensitivity towards customers who may need extra help, such as children travelling alone, nervous flyers or people who may not have English as their first language.
- Take a caring approach when offering our customers food, beverages and any other assistance they may need on-board.
- Understand the importance of hygiene standards in-flight so all areas of the cabin are clean and fresh for our customers.
- Be trained and confident in aircraft safety procedures and first aid when needed.
- As well as those things above, we will need you to meet the following minimum criteria to operate within the unique aircraft environment:
- Height between 158 – 183 cm.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Australian or New Zealand permanent resident.
- A valid passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas destinations with at least 12 months validity.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate with a validity of 12 months at time of application.
- Current CPR accreditation (The CPR component is only valid for 12 months and a refresher course must be completed if expired).
- Responsible Service of Alcohol ‘Statement of Attainment’, from a Nationally Accredited Provider which you would need to have by the end of the recruitment process.
- Strong commitment to customer service and recent experience in a face-to-face role.
- Demonstrated empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries.
- Be an energetic, proactive and resourceful individual.
- Be a team player with the ability to build consistent and sustained working relationships.An excellent level of health and fitness, including the ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed and tread water for 3 mins unassisted.
- Experience in Food and Beverage service is an advantage.
- Proficiency in additional languages is advantageous.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today
Applications close Sunday 2nd May 2021.