BA CityFlyer is the leading airline bringing business and leisure customers into the heart of London via its main base at London City Airport. The drive to provide industry defining standards of customer service in a demanding yet exciting environment is what we require of our high calibre pilots. As a First Officer at BA CityFlyer you will be expected to work flexibly within a growing and tight-knit team in order to deliver our demanding seven-day-a-week operation. Serving a mixture of business and leisure destinations throughout Europe, regular UK and overseas night stops will be a feature of your touring roster.
Operating primarily from London City Airport, with its high value and sophisticated customer base, we operate daily in one of the world’s most challenging operating environments. Therefore our pilots are required to maintain the highest professional standards.
Entry Criteria :
If you feel you have what it takes to join our committed and dedicated team, you will need to hold the following:
- Valid EASA ATPL (full or frozen)
- Valid Class 1 Medical
- Valid multi-engine Instrument Rating
- Minimum of 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors on an EFIS equipped aircraft with a maximum take-off weight in excess of 10 tonnes
- English Language Proficiency endorsement on your licence to Level 4 or above
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Have a multi-engine/multi-crew type rating on an aircraft in excess of 10 tonnes.
- Embraer 170/190 type rating would be desirable although not essential.
General Responsibilities :
- To maintain familiarity with relevant United Kingdom and International air legislation and agreed aviation practices and procedures;
- To maintain familiarity with such provisions of the company Operations Manual, and it’s amendment notices, as are necessary to fulfil the required function;
- To assist the Captain as requested, concerning operational and administrative duties in relation to the flight; and
- To support the Captain in the maintenance of a proper standard of crew discipline, conduct and personal appearance.
Specific Responsibilities :
- To carry out such duties concerning the flight, in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures, including procedures, limitations and performance relating to the specific aircraft type, as are allocated to him/her by the Commander.
- To confirm the safe navigation of the aircraft, maintaining a continuous and independent check upon both the geographical position of the aircraft and its safe terrain clearance.
- To volunteer such advice, information and assistance to the Captain, as may contribute positively towards the safe and efficient conduct of the flight.
- To seek and receive such information and/or explanation from the Captain, as may be necessary to enable the First Officer to fulfil his/her function.
- To maintain a high personal standard of discipline, conduct and appearance as a representative of the Company.
- To support the Captain, by active example, in the development and maintenance of a high standard of professional expertise and morale amongst the crew.
Closing Date : 30th September 2015