The First officer acts as second in command of the aircraft supporting the Captain of the aircraft during all normal and abnormal situations so that safety is maintained at the highest possible level. The First officer will also set, maintain, demonstrate high standards in all aspects of their position and act as the brand ambassador for flydubai, so that the corporate image is upheld at all times.
- Maintain the safe day to day operation of the aircraft as the second in command.
- Set an example to be followed by all flydubai crew to preserve the corporate image of flydubai.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by all members of crew.
- Notify the company or GCAA of any breaches in SOP or safety through the appropriate reporting medium so that lessons can be learnt by the company to enhance flight safety
- Ensure he/she is fit to fly at all times and notify the company if not.
- Operate the aircraft according to the approved policies and procedures as determined by flydubai and the GCAA.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Hold an ICAO ATPL certificate with a valid type rating.
- Hold a 1st Class Medical certificate from ICAO.
- Hold an English to ICAO level 4 or above.
- Eligible for a UAE residency visa.
- Must have flow within the last 24 months
- At least 2,500 hours total flying time
- At least 1,000 hours on modern (EFIS), multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft over 10 tonnes operating weight (preference will be given to those with PIC time)
Knowledge / Skills
- Must have an excellent knowledge of ATPL subjects
- Excellent CRM skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Show proven command ability and experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform to a very high standard when under stress.
Certificate / License required
- ICAO ATPL Certificate
- ICAO 1st Class Medical
- University degree is preferable
- High school diploma is essential
- International aviation experience is preferable.
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Inspiring and developing others
- Decision Making
While performing the duties of this job, the First Officer will be operating in the cockpit environment for extended periods of time. They are required to have an airside pass and it is a requirement to have a good knowledge of the hazards the airside environment presents. He/she will also be operating the aircraft in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius and as high as 50 degree Celsius and will be required to fly at anytime during a 24 hour period subject to GCAA flight time limitations. There are multiple hazards when operating aircraft and the employee will be required to take all steps necessary to mitigate those hazards as far as possible. The employee may be required to operate in environments and countries designated at war zones