At QantasLink, we connect Australia, from our beaches right through to the bush. As Australia’s largest regional airline we provide a vital link between 58 metropolitan and regional ports, operating over 2,000 flights each week across Australia.
By taking off from our capital cities and touching down in our regional ports we get the best of both worlds, experiencing the true beauty of our nation. At QantasLink, we’re a loyal, close-knit team with years of experience between us and we love nothing more than sharing stories and taking less experienced pilots under our wing.
Our fleet comprises some of the fastest turbo props flying regional Australia, bringing Australia closer together, and connecting regional locations with our capital cities. It’s challenging hands-on piloting, navigating our way from busy major airports into regional ports, without losing sight of the impact we can have on our customers. As QantasLink pilots, we’re serious about looking after our customers. When we take control in the flight deck we’re not in view of our customers, but they always remain at the forefront of our mind.
As a First Officer (Level 2 Trainee) you’ll have:
- An Australian Commercial Pilot Licence with passes in all Australian ATPL Theory subjects (For international applicants, please see http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm for licence information)
- A Level 6 English Language Proficiency Level 6
- Current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D on a current Australian Instrument Rating – Multi Engine Aeroplane (International applicants must have converted their licence/ratings to an Australian Licence/Rating prior to applying for a position)
- A minimum of 250 hours total aeronautical experience
- A minimum of 70 hours as Pilot in Command of an aeroplane (excluding ICUS and SIM)
- A current CASA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Tertiary studies (highly desirable but not essential)
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to pass a Qantas pre-employment medical
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- A current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
- Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status
At QantasLink, you can put your skills to the test and learn from some of the best in the business. In the near future, you could be captaining some of the most sophisticated turbo prop aircraft in the air.
Each of our airlines offers unique career opportunities. Through your performance, skills and dedication, you’ll create a career that’s right for you within the Qantas Group of airlines. Further options in our other fleets may be highlighted based on your background and experience. If this is the case, our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your options.
The Qantas Group is a network of equal opportunity employers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, to apply.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.