- Commercial pilot license (CPL) and ATPL theoretical knowledge issued by competent authority with Appropriate type rating. Successful completion of the applicable Type Rating Conversion Course
Role Objective :
- The First Officer/Co-pilot is responsible to the Commander to assist in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight. In the event of the incapacitation or absence of the Commander, the First Officer will assume command.
- The First Officer’s/Co-pilot’s Departmental Head to whom he is responsible when not reporting directly to a Commander, is his Manager Fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Maintain familiarity with relevant Oman and International air legislation and agreed aviation practices and procedures;
- Maintain familiarity with such provisions of the Company Operations Manual as are necessary to fulfil his function;
- Assist the Commander as requested, concerning administrative duties in relation to the flight; and
- Support the Commander in the maintenance of a proper standard of crew discipline, conduct and personal appearance.
- Ensure that department set policies are maintained in regards to fuel saving and company set KPI’s/OTP are achieved.