The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) has an outstanding history of service and excellence in aero-medical and primary health care across Australia. One of Australia’s most iconic brands, every hour of every day the RFDS is performing lifesaving work across Western Australia.
We have a rare opportunity for a full-time, permanent Line Pilot to join our close-knit team based in Port Hedland. Get ready to make a difference in people’s lives as you and the clinical team perform lifesaving services in the regional community.
As a Pilot on our PC12 fleet, you will be dedicated to the job and focussed on the task at hand. With a keen eye for detail and a passion to be part of a Company that helps others, you will possess a Commercial Pilot Licence with a minimum of 1500 hours Total Time, hold a SEA instrument rating with at least two IPCs and 100 hours of both night flying and Instrument Flight Time (IFR). You will be agile in your approach, with the ability to work weekdays, weekends and public holidays, while having a keen sense of adventure. Single Pilot Aeromedical experience will also be highly advantageous.
About the role:
- Operational duties associated with the preparation for and conduct of a flight, including normal refuelling, completion of statutory and RFDS documentation associated with a flight, assisting in the loading and unloading of patients and handling of luggage and/or cargo;
- Flight planning and administration including preparation and maintenance of standard flight plans and data input, and preparation and maintenance of an airfield register where necessary;
- Replenishing aircraft with supplemental and medical oxygen;
- Participation in activities relating to occupational health and safety and Safety and Quality Management System;
- Performing post-flight cleaning of cowls, oleos and windscreens; and
- Hangaring aircraft where required for aircraft security.
Now is the time to be part of a dedicated group of people who make a real difference to the community! We are driven by our values and we offer our teams a friendly and dynamic work environment, competitive remuneration, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative aero-medical provider.
This is an exciting and rewarding role, suited to a highly motivated individual. If you believe you possess the relevant attributes and skills to excel and thrive in this role, then we would like to hear from you!
Submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role on RFDS Careers page https://rfdswajobs.com.au/Careers/